Labels

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Social Studies, Working with Explorers

This past week I had the pleasure of teaching the students about some of our past explorers. I found the best website, that has many activities for children. http://www.crayola.com/crafts/detail/make-your-own-explorers%27-%27movie%27-craft/
This website allowed me to create a lesson plan that allowed the children to create their own movie strips. I had them take an explorer from the ones we were working on. And based on the information they found were allowed to draw pictures of the experiences that these explorers went through. This not only worked on sequencing with the students but allowed them to use this as a study guide as well. The teacher was also so impressed with my lesson, that she had me create a bulletin board of the students work. Here is how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment