Labels

Friday, December 3, 2010

Inetgrating other subjects into Reading

One way that we incorporated reading into other subjects, was through the use of newspapers during social studies. We worked with the children reading different portions of the papers. Furthermore, we would ask the students to recognize main ideas, facts and opinions, and sequencing. I was able to incorporate sequencing using my social studies lesson. I had the students create a sequenced movie strip in order to tell an explorer's journey. In addition to that particular lesson, we allow the children to further investigate information found in the newspapers with trips to the library, in order to find other relevant books on the specific topic. Here is a picture of me helping students read their paper, as well as a picture of an example of my movie strip lesson.



No comments:

Post a Comment